Man, I’m a pretty lucky gal. This week brought two wonderful surprises (and a not-so wonderful one, too).
I was on nightshift duty at the hospital last week, so I was passed out in bed when a heavy package from Paleo Magazine arrived at our house. It wasn’t until my week of zombie drug dealing was over that I opened up the box—and happily discovered that we won the four categories for which we were nominated in Paleo Magazine’s Best of 2013 Reader’s Choice Awards!
We won for:
- Best Food Centered Food Blog!
- Best Culinary Recreation — Paleo Sriracha!
- Best Savory Recipe Online — Peachy Pork-A-Bobs!
- Most Anticipated Cookbook — Nom Nom Paleo: Food For Humans!
Then, on Friday afternoon, another surprise: I got a text message from Diane Sanfilippo alerting me that our cookbook had managed to sneak onto the New York Times Best Sellers list in the Dining category!
Whoa. I was (pleasantly!) stunned. Our book had been out of stock at Amazon and/or Barnes & Noble for chunks of January, so I’d dismissed our chances of making any of the bestseller lists. I was on Cloud Nine—and then thirty minutes later, the main sewage line to our house backed up.
Ugh. Nothing like a little scat to keep my ego in check.
In all seriousness: I know I don’t say it nearly often enough, but THANK YOU. I’m sending out a big virtual hug to all my blog readers and to every person who shelled out his or her hard-earned moolah for our iPad app or cookbook. Thank you for cooking along with us—you make it all worthwhile.
I read each and every comment, tweet, and email that comes our way. But because it’s just Henry and me working behind the scenes at Nom Nom Paleo—and only after the kids go to bed at 8 p.m.—we can’t always reply to all of your messages or write a proper thank you note.
So as a small token of our gratitude, we’re giving away an brand-spanking-new Instant Pot IP-DUO60—as well as a bunch of my limited edition vinyl action figures! Yep, one winner will receive an Instant Pot and five others will win a Mini-Michelle action figure!
Love this blog. Even if your not a paleo subscriber, the recipes & commentary by Michelle is so creative & unique.
- jeaniewright likes this
- natheena likes this
- themakingsofawarriorqueen likes this
- mrblubberbucket likes this
- clguzman likes this
- addictedtocarbs likes this
- kittycat1981 likes this
- wynonaluz likes this
- manilaseoul likes this
- joyousmack likes this
- tamwow likes this
- jenminer likes this
- trex720 likes this
- kumchealthgirl reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- 6bbyclaire likes this
- digitalsnuggles likes this
- ramatoulie reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- ramatoulie likes this
- sarahbento likes this
- mypaperdreams likes this
- placesfordreaming likes this
- mcanna likes this
- turquotictemptress reblogged this from nomnompaleo and added:
- nardzbarr likes this
- thegirlwiththepurplecane likes this
- wlthao likes this
- misstejota reblogged this from nomnompaleo
- cnichole2 likes this
- lhagan1 likes this
- jess1cale likes this
- maryalmah likes this
- sarayahyder likes this
- synaestheticworld likes this
- theeloquententhusiast likes this
- mishymishy likes this
- clumsyswoon likes this
- vegetablecupcakes likes this
- auryonblue likes this
- nomnompaleo posted this